PARTICIPATION IN Any EAST COAST JUNIOR PATRIOTS (EVERETT/REVERE) YOUTH HOCKEY ON-ICE ACTIVITY BY YOU OR YOUR CHILD OR REGISTRATION FOR A PROGRAM CONSTITUTES YOUR AGREEMENT, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR CHILD AND YOUR FAMILY UNIT, TO (1) COMPLY WITH THE COVID-19 POLICY, (2) ASSUME ALL RISKS OF TRANSMISSION AND COMPLICATIONS OF COVID-19 AND (3) RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS EAST COAST JUNIOR PATRIOTS FROM ALL LIABILITY AND LOSSES ARISING FROM YOUR PARTICIPATION AND YOUR CHILD’S PARTICIPATION IN ACTIVITIES ORGANIZED, HOSTED, SPONSORED OR PARTICIPATED IN BY EAST COAST JUNIOR PATRIOTS HOCKEY.
Everett/Revere Youth Hockey Association
COVID-19 HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY FOR 2020-2021 SEASON
This Policy outlines the health and safety protocols adopted by the Everett/revere Youth Hockey Association for the 2020-2021 season in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will be updated if needed based on new information. The Policy shall apply to all participants in ECJP’s Learn to Play, 8U, 10U, 12U, & 14U programs/teams and their families and all associated coaches, volunteers and other attendees. The Policy is deemed accepted and agreed to by all such players, coaches, volunteers and families upon their family member’s participation in a EAST COAST JUNIOR PATRIOTS on-ice activity or upon registration for a program.
Obligations of Players, Parents, Coaches and Volunteers
1) STAY HOME IF SICK OR IF DIRECTLY EXPOSED TO COVID-19. Do NOT come to a practice or game (a) if you have any symptoms of Covid-19 or ANY other illness, (b) if you have had close contact (within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) with anyone confirmed with Covid-19 in the last 2 weeks, or (c) if you have a fever of 100.4° or higher, even if you are not sick.
- Monitor for symptoms of illness and take the temperature of you and your child prior to coming to the rink (home or away).
- You will be asked to leave if you come to the rink when you are sick.
2) Respect for Your Team. Be aware that your actions affect your entire team and take reasonable precautions to protect your own health and that of your teammates and coaches.
- Practice social distancing and masking outside of hockey and be sensible about higher-risk activities.
3) Respect for the Rules. Respect and strictly adhere to (A) all rink restrictions for all games, home and away, (B) all rules of hosting programs, and (C) all additional on-ice and locker room health and safety precautions requested by your Head Coach.
Reporting of Illness. Promptly report to your Head Coach and ECJP President by email or phone if you or a household member are sick. Do not come to the rink while waiting for the results of a Covid-19 test.
- You will not be penalized for missing hockey for these reasons and your commitment will not be questioned if you communicate promptly, openly, and honestly.
Medical Diagnosis & Covid-19 Testing. Promptly seek a medical diagnosis if you are sick and report to your Head Coach and ECJP President via email whether you have been diagnosed with Covid-19 (yes or no).
- If you have been in close contact (within 6 feet for more than 15 minutes) with anyone confirmed with Covid-19 in the past two weeks, you may not participate in ECJP activities for a minimum period of 10-days from the time of the exposure or a 1st negative Covid-19 test. You must also provide documentation of a 2nd negative Covid-19 test to the Head Coach and/or ECJP President in order to return to ECJP activities.
- If you have tested positive for Covid-19, you may not participate in ECJP activities for a minimum period of 10-days from the onset of symptoms or the date of the first positive You must also provide documentation of a future negative Covid-19 test to the Head Coach and/or ECJP President in order to return to ECJP activities, OR a letter from your doctor stating that you are non-contagious.
Refunds will not be given due to quarantines, even if hockey related. Quarantines may result in game cancellations.